Dental implants are a treatment for missing teeth and are considered the gold standard, as it is considered a permanent solution to the problem. If you are suffering from the physical and emotional pain of living with missing teeth and are weighing your treatment options, you may be wondering if dental implants are even worth it.
Here, we will detail the benefits of dental implants, so you can decide if the procedure is worthwhile for you.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Dental implants are the strongest and most durable option for replacing missing teeth. Consider the materials used, which are titanium posts and porcelain crowns – two materials known for their durability.
- Dental implants can help to preserve your natural jawbone and prevent further deterioration. Delaying treatment for missing teeth can throw your oral health out of whack and cause the deterioration of the jawbone, for which you will need a bone graft to treat.
- Dental implants look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth – making them virtually indistinguishable from the rest of your teeth. Other solutions for missing teeth may look fake and unnatural, which doesn’t help your confidence at all. You can be proud of your new and improved smile without worrying about anyone noticing the implants.
- With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime – making them a great investment in your oral health. Unlike other dental solutions that may need to be replaced every so often, dental implants can last 10-25 years, depending on how well you take care of your oral health.
- Dental implants can restore your confidence by giving you back a complete and beautiful smile. Like it or not, the quality of your smile affects your self-esteem. With dental implants, you can say goodbye to attempts to hide your smile due to missing teeth.
With all the advantages that dental implants can provide – don’t you agree they are a worthy investment?
What Happens During Dental Implant Surgery?
The surgery for dental implants usually takes place in two stages. In the first stage, a metal post is placed into the jawbone to serve as an anchor for the artificial tooth. This can be done using local anesthesia or sedation, depending on your preference and level of anxiety. Complete recovery from this stage is necessary before an artificial tooth can be placed.
In the second stage, which generally takes place six weeks after the initial procedure, permanent and natural-looking replacement teeth are attached to the posts that were inserted in stage one. After stage two, your smile will be restored.
Dental Implants in Eugene, OR
Dr. Ari Binder at 360 Dental is your dental implant surgeon in Eugene. He can determine if dental implants are right for you after evaluating your teeth and gums. If you are indecisive about getting dental implants, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Binder. Dental implants or not, missing teeth should not be left untreated, and we have many treatment options for you to consider.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Binder, call our Eugene dental clinic today at (541) 689-1645 or use our online appointment request form. We look forward to providing you with solutions for missing teeth.