Before the late 1990’s, traditional metal braces were the norm. Fortunately, advances in dental science have rendered the clunky metal, train-track style braces nearly obsolete. Invisalign and other clear dental aligners such as ClearCorrect have revolutionized the process of creating flawless smiles. In order to clear up any confusion, we created this handy guide to explain the main similarities and differences between ClearCorrect and Invisalign.
Although Invisalign has been on the market longer than ClearCorrect, some dentists prefer one over the other for various reasons, including cost (Invisalign is more expensive than ClearCorrect), complexity, and where the product is manufactured. ClearCorrect is manufactured in the United States while Invisalign is not. Both systems are effective, affordable, and correct misaligned teeth.
ClearCorrect vs. Invisalign
Known as ‘invisible braces’, aligners offer a convenient choice for eligible patients looking to correct the position of their teeth a little bit at a time with a more visually pleasing appearance. They are made of a hard, transparent shell that are designed with 3D imaging technology that allows your dentist to create aligners that custom fit your mouth. In addition, aligners such as Invisalign and ClearCorrect can also be removed, making it easier to eat as well as clean your teeth.
· Both products are made from a clear, safe and yet durable plastic, making them somewhat unnoticeable
· Both products are custom fit to the patient’s teeth and can be easily removed for cleaning, and are noninvasive
· Since they are made of plastic, they can be used by patients that have a metal allergy
· Both Invisalign and ClearCorrect must be worn for the majority of the day
· Both products adjust the position of the teeth in small increments. Each aligner is worn for a specific time before moving on the next phase of treatment where a new aligner will be used Your dentist will determine how long you will need to wear each aligner
What are the differences between Invisalign and Clear Correct?
· Invisalign was introduced in 1997. ClearCorrect came around in 2006.
· ClearCorrect is more affordable.
· ClearCorrect is an American company and their products are manufactured in the USA. Invisalign is a global company and their products are manufactured around the world
· ClearCorrect aligners are made from a specialized, hard-wearing material called Zendura, specially designed for ultimate stress retention – meaning that the aligners are resistant to becoming deformed under biting pressure
Dr. Ari Binder is an expert in all areas of cosmetic and general dentistry. He will take the time to explain why certain options are right for you. Call Dr. Binder at 360 Dental Group today at (541) 689-1645, or request an appointment online.